#Kraftwerk6Music - the Ultimate Kraftwerk Playlist
The world was a very different place 30-years ago, but one thing is for sure: Kraftwerk’s The Model sounds as incredible, innovative and pioneering now as it did then.
We asked you what you wanted to hear, and also called on Orbital, Martyn Ware of Heaven 17, The 2 Bears and one of our favourite blogs, The Quietus, to pick some tracks for us as well.
Tom wrapped up the rest of what has been going on this week with new material from Jack White and MIA – but frankly it was all about the Germans, and will be all weekend on 6 Music.
Kraftwerk – Das Model
* Neil Young has told a technology conference in US that he held talks with Steve Jobs about creating a vinyl quality iPod before his death last year. Meanwhile, Young has also posted a 37-minute long collaboration with his band Crazy Horse, which is streaming on his personal site.
* U2 manager Paul McGuinness has suggested the reason why artists are reluctant to embrace Spotify is because they don’t think it has any financial benefit, in the same week Coldplay’s Mylo Xloto finally appeared in full on the service nearly five months after the band refused permission for it to be streamed in full online.
* Two Beatles have their latest solo albums streaming online this week:
- Ringo Starr’s 17th record, Ringo 2012, is up exclusively on NME.com
- Paul McCartney’s Kisses on the Bottom is available to stream via the Guardian.
* Jack White has uploaded his first solo single Love Interruption to YouTube.
Lily Allen – Not Fair
* The Foo Fighters have uploaded the video for These Days to Vevo.
* Beatboxer THePETEBOX has uploaded another of his impressive videos to YouTube – this time covering MGMT’s Kids.
* Air’s new album Le Voyage Dans La Lune is streaming in full at NPR.
* MIA has popped up in two new videos. The first alondside Nicki Minaj for Madonna’s new video, Gimme All Your Luvin; and the second is for her own single Bad Girls.
Tanlines – Brothers
Kraftwerk – Radioactivity
OMD – Electricity
New Order – Your Silent Face
Kraftwerk – Trans Europe Express (Picked by Martyn Ware of Heaven 17)
Afrika Baambaataa & The Soulsonic Force – Planet Rock
Ride – The Model
Kraftwerk – Ruckzuck
The Normal – Warm Leatherette
Mark Lanegan – Ode to Sad Disco (Picked by The Quietus)
The Passions – I’m in Love With a German Film Star
Kraftwerk – Computer Love (Picked by Raf Daddy of The 2 Bears)
Kraftwerk – Tour de France (Picked by Orbital)
Kraftwerk – Autobahn (all 22-minutes of it!)