Plant some trees
There can never be enough trees. After all, the UK is just 12 per cent woodland as opposed to a European average of 44 per cent. So get out there and plant some more!
There's loads of help and resources on the web to get both individuals and groups started. Here are just a few:
- Apply for the Woodland Trust's 1.6 million free trees for communities and schools
- Get involved in the government-backed Big Tree Plant
- Watch this how to plant a tree video from the Royal Horticultural Society
- Read this tree care guide from the Forestry Commission [pdf]
- For wildlife, native trees are best, so read a list of them, handily broken up into large, medium and small sizes