10 things we didn't know last week
1. Deep sea worms produce acid to eat whale skeletons.
2. The tastiest tomatoes are not uniformly red.
More details (Economist)
3. Paved gardens are most popular in the North-East of England.
4. The leadership of Macaque monkeys is determined by which animal has the most friends.
More details (New Scientist)
5. The average cost overrun of recent Olympic Games is 179%.
More details (Bloomberg)
6. There is a Koran-reciting competition in Iran.
More details (New York Times)
7. Batteries can be sprayed on like paint.
8. The average age of the Stone Roses is 48.75.
More details (Guardian)
9. Kit Kats used to be called Chocolate Crisp.
10. The average waist to hip ratio for UK women is 0.83.
More details (Daily Mail)
Tell @BBC_magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek