10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Baboons can recognise four-letter words.
2. Ants inoculate themselves by licking each other.
More details (New Scientist)
3. People typically wear a half to a third as much sunscreen as they need.
More details (Wall Street Journal)
4. To join the FBI, men must complete at least 38 situps in a minute and perform 30 untimed pushups.
More details (Chicago Tribune)
5. Lightning can contain enough energy to boil eight million cups of tea.
More details (The Mirror)
6. Holding a gun makes someone look taller.
More details (Slate)
7. Rangoon has an underground punk scene.
8. In Rome, 7,575 streets are named after men while 580 are named after women.
9. A tweet by Jamie Oliver is worth $3,250 (£2,044).
More details (The Guardian)
10. Male pandas are only at their reproductive peak 24 days a year.
More details (Sunday Telegraph)
Seen 10 things? Send us a picture to use next week.