A service highlighting the riches of the daily press.
Today, a quiz - can you match the Budget Day headline to the paper in question? Answers at the bottom of this entry (no peeking).
- The great granny tax grab
- Cut cut cut
- Osborne's dodgy plans on fuel, tax and pensions have put your money in... THE WRONG TROUSERS
- The 50 gambler
- 'Granny tax' hits 5m pensioners
- Four million elderly will pay bill for Chancellor's tax giveaway: OSBORNE PICKS THE POCKETS OF PENSIONERS
So, what are your answers (show your working for extra marks):
1. Granny tax grab =_________________
2. Cut cut cut = _________________
3. Wrong trousers = _________________
4. 50p gambler = _________________
5. 5m pensioners = _________________
6. Picks the pockets = _________________
OK, turn over your papers.
Here are the answers.
- i paper
- The Sun
- The Times
- Daily Telegraph
- Daily Mail
For regular readers, number six should have been an easy point - it is a classic example of the Daily Mail's favourite genre of headline: the headline so comprehensive that there is no need to read the accompanying story.
Good work, class.