10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Leap years don't just happen every four years.
2. Horses can be borrowed from the Metropolitan Police.
3. Swimmers can injure themselves hoovering.
4. Flatworms might be able to live forever.
More details (Daily Telegraph)
5. Men are at their happiest when they reach 65.
6. Under-wired bras can be dangerous for policewomen.
More details (Daily Mail)
7. The Monkees' Davy Jones inspired Star Trek character Chekov.
8. Apes advertise their homosexuality.
9. There are more Starbucks in London than New York.
More details (New York Times)
10. Wales has the oldest population of the UK nations.
More details (Office for National Statistics)