10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
1. Avatars have sex.
2. Cocaine addiction has a gene.
More details (The Guardian)
3. Love handles shorten your life.
4. Barack and Michelle Obama have code names Renegade and Renaissance.
5. Germany, not China or the US, is the world's biggest exporter.
More details (The Economist)
6. The QE2 does 49 feet to the gallon.
7. Monty Python's dead parrot sketch dates back to Ancient Greece.
8. Gary Glitter's I'm the Leader of the Gang was on the syllabus for GCSE music.
9. The song Two Little Boys was probably about the American Civil War.
10. Alastair Campbell plays the bagpipes.
More details (Daily Mini-Quiz)
Seen 10 things? Send us a picture to use next week. Thanks to Jo Lewis for this week's picture of 10 London Eye pods.