Homework answers - and TTFN!
Just a quick one from me to give you the homework answers from my last blog. The task was to look at common abbreviations and acronyms that appear in English, particularly in email and text / internet language. Many of you knew a couple, but some were a little more confusing. Here are the answers!
1. lol - 'Laughing out loud'. Some people also use it to mean 'lots of love'.
2. ASAP - 'As soon as possible'. You will often hear people using this in everyday speech, for example, "I've just left work - I'll be there ASAP!"
3. brb - 'Be right back'. This is a common one used for internet chat if you have to go away from your computer!
4. ttfn - 'Ta-ta for now!' An informal way of saying goodbye.
5. A.O.B - 'Any other business'. You may see this written on an agenda for a meeting.
It's time for me to say a very quick 'TTFN' to all of you, as I'm off to take a well-earned break and have a little holiday in Africa! I'll be sure to show you some of my pictures when I get back.
There'll be a new teacher with you next week!