This section is our virtual journalists notepad. It’s the place where we sketch out our initial thoughts and set down random ideas and rough jottings for Saturday’s programme. We'll tear off a new sheet of internet paper at the start of every week and we invite you to scrawl your thoughts in the comments.
We're keen on your ideas for stories, or aspects of ideas that we might not have thought about, or just something you think we should look at. At our 3pm Tuesday production meeting, we'll whittle down our ideas and list these in the ‘In production section’. You can jump in there and develop those ideas too. We'll be checking in here regularly for inspiration and to jot down our own brainwaves. I've put down some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- The search for ET gets its own telescope. (Rupert)
- Walmart is bigger than Manhattan - are we all living in an open plan mall? Ask bloggers to visit their nearest supermarket and find something that defines their local area...if they can (Chris)
- Has Britain stopped innovating in sporting tactics? (Chris)
- I'm intrigued by this old book swapping community - is there a way we can use it to tell the secret life of books? (Chris)
- Californian granny Jane Stillwater is back embedded in Iraq. We could talk to her? (Chris)
- The dilemmas of phone etiquette. We could voice up a few good and bad examples.
- Is it my phone or my imagination. The science of phantom phone vibrations...
Those are some of our thoughts, feel free to add your own in the comments