Listen to Graham's shows on the iPlayer
« Previous | Main

Winding down

Graham Stewart | 11:08 UK time, Tuesday, 15 December 2009

As you may have read in the press, Morning Extra is coming to an end after nearly four years on-air. Our last programme will be on 26 February 2010. However, do join Kaye Adams for her new show, Call Kaye, from 1st March.

As a result we're winding down this blog, but let me take this opportunity to thank you for all your contributions, both on-air and online. While we're not accepting any more comments on here, you can still email us with your feedback.

Comments

• 1. At 09:15am on 31 Dec 2009, Helen Bradshaw wrote:

No offence to Kaye Adams but...

What would have been wrong with 'Call Graham'?

• 2. At 3:22pm on 01 Jan 2010, sid_ts63 wrote:

only one question Graham did you jump or were you pushed??
    you do a good job maybe it was too good and you were showing up some of your so called colleagues.

good luck , Sid

• 3. At 9:19pm on 01 Jan 2010, norriemaclean wrote:

I have made my feelings known on this to Graham by email - a very sad day and I fear a dumbing down of this slot spectacularly. Loose Women anyone?

Which reminds me - did any of you hear Jackie Brambles "stepping in" for Tom Morton.....car crash radio and I hope not the fate that beckons for the 9.00 - 10.00 slot!

• 4. At 2:37pm on 02 Jan 2010, sid_ts63 wrote:

afternoon , Norrie, if you remember back to the last time graham took a break ,shereen was reduced to actually asking live on air "for the silent "majority"" to please phone in. nobody phoned in with an opposing view to the one that was being expressed by 99% of the callers,texters and online listeners and the beeb were furious . they tried for 3 days on the trot and failed . I for one am surprised that morning extra survived as long as it has!
    regards ,Sid

• 5. At 11:30am on 07 Jan 2010, lee ross wrote:

Kaye Adams - forget it I won't be listening to her. I guess she fits nicely with BBC Scotlands attempt to fill our listening time with lovey dovey types who have tried and failed down South and come trotting back.
    All the best Graham i've enjoyed your show over the years, and you have presided over some great debates. If you're struggling, however, put on a camp voice, laugh at your own not very funny jokes and you'll get a regular guest slot on Fred McAuleys show.
    Regards
    Lee

• 6. At 4:21pm on 20 Jan 2010, misterseptic wrote:

I have to say that very often I have not been happy with Graham's antagonistic method of attacking callers and demeaning their points of view, whatever they are. Graham always made the point that he wanted to hear our views on a subject, but then proceeded to try and counter them with some other point altogether rather than just listen! It was becoming the ‘Graham Stewart’s opinion program’.
    I will be a little sorry to see the program go, but not too sorry to loose Graham. It was a pointless program anyway because after all the talking was done, bugger all happened about anything anyway. Nothing has changed and probably nothing will.
    I do fear what we are going to be subjected to next though………….

• 7. At 4:42pm on 21 Jan 2010, robertglw wrote:

I for one am glad that Graham DID counter some of the self-opinionated bores that came on his show! I don't think he'd be doing his job properly if he gave the callers a free reign to go on and on without being challenged. I've never heard him come out with his own opinions, although have often wondered where he stands politically! Perhaps we'll never know because he played devil's advocate so well. Good luck Graham!

• 8. At 10:40am on 05 Feb 2010, Kingkev wrote:

Well i`m gutted because i liked your show and it was the only show i listened to on Radio Scotland ok apart fae the football shows but nine times out of ten i got to hear it but the big question is why?