BBC BLOGS - Chris Charles
IN ASSOCIATION WITH

Quotes of the week

Chris Charles | 11:03 UK time, Tuesday, 20 April 2010

"I don't know who will win the title now - and I don't care."
Arsene Wenger throws his toys out of the pram after seeing his side ship three late goals to lose at Wigan.

"You have to dust it off like dandruff and show what you can do."
Birmingham manager Alex McLeish issues a rallying call after his side's flaky performance against Manchester City.

"I know Drogba is a world-class player, but he could play world-class volleyball on that evidence."
Bolton boss Owen Coyle gives a verbal volley to Didier Drogba, after the Chelsea striker's handball went unpunished.

Then there's the second one, when John Terry handles it. The assistant referee says it hit his shoulder but it's a clear penalty. He must have a shoulder that stretches down to his ankles in that case."
Coyle wonders whether John Terry is actually Inspector Gadget in disguise.
Matthew Broderick as Inspector GadgetInspector Gadget - a handy man to have in a crisis
"One-two, baby!"
Jenson Button does Austin Powers after leading McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton home in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Willie Thorne: "That's the sort of shot you play down at your local Conservative Club."
Dennis Taylor: "Or Labour Club, or Lib-Dem Club, Willie!"
Election fever grips the commentary team during the Ronnie O'Sullivan-Liang Wenbo match at Snooker's World Championship.

"For the first nine holes I thought I was playing with a square ball."
Sandy Lyle after his second round 86 at The Masters.

"He put youths who hadn't even trained with us before on the bench, along with
me. I was the nanny."
Ex-Rangers player Jerome Rothen claims Walter Smith turned him into the Mary Poppins of the squad.

"They suddenly had a new owner who was supposed to be one of the richest men
in the world and it was 'Oh, we're going to be up there challenging with Man
City'. Then all of a sudden, when he was buying hamburgers off the stall outside,
they thought maybe he wasn't as rich as they first thought."
Harry Redknapp on Sulaiman Al Fahim and the day Portsmouth fans knew they'd had their chips.

"Trust me, we'll have a response at Birmingham. I'd rather be a lion for a day
than a sheep for the rest of the season, for sure."
Hull's football management consultant Iain Dowie dispels the myth that he's a lamb dressed as mutton.

"I don't think they are going to rush out and buy the Financial Times."
Birmingham manager Alex McLeish doubts his players will be bothered by a dispute between club owner Carson Yeung and investment bank Seymour Pierce.

"Next year, I won't bring my watch - in case they steal that as well."
Valencia goalkeeper Cesar after the officials failed to award his side a late penalty as they crashed out of the Europa League to Atlético Madrid.

"I am fresh, I don't feel any pain in my body, I can run. At home I do all the housework by myself. I paint the walls and fit tiles."
Seventy seven-year-old defender Onica Ndzovela insists she will be fit to play for South Africa's 'Grannies' side at this summer's Veterans Cup.

AND SOME FROM YOU

David Pleat: "I know Modric's dentist. And his dentist thinks he's a super, super guy."
Commentator 2: "You can tell a lot about someone from dental records."
Pleat: "Absolutely!"
One of the most bizarre pieces of commentary I've ever heard from the Spurs-Chelsea match!
(R Newton, Notts)
Dentist sketch in Armstrong and Miller Show ""You've heard my views on Modric, what have you got to say?
"Third-bottom Killie have scored just four times - the lowest in Britain - and failed to win in only two of their 16 games away from Rugby Park."
Spotted on the BBC website. Four goals scored, 14 wins. That's some record!
(Blair Gray, Scotland)

"Cardiff have been given a 5 May deadline to pay their £1.9 tax bill or face being wound-up in the High Court."
From the BBC Gossip column. They really should be able to scrape this from down the back of the sofa!
(Iain Green, England)

"The way that N'Zogbia hit that shot, Fabianski must have thought it was his birthday. Oh, hold on, it is his birthday!"
5 live commentator while watching Wigan v Arsenal.
(Dwayne Leverock, England)

"I expect Manchester to win."
Cristiano Ronaldo's Sky Sports exclusive Manchester derby preview.
(Jonny Smith and Sean Price, Belfast)

Commentator 1: "Almost WWF there, wasn't it?"
Commentator 2: "What's that got to do with the wildlife?"
Commentary during the Liverpool-Benfica game, after there was a tussle in the box. The World Wrestling Federation had to change their name to WWE, following a court battle with the World Wide Fund for Nature.
(CK)

"He'll find himself on Soccer AM next week, that's for sure."
Ashley Williams after Swansea team-mate Shefki Kuqi missed an open goal against Barnsley.

"On this occasion, two halves do make a whole."
Commentary when Spurs' second penalty shout was given against Chelsea. When do two halves NOT make a whole?
(Libby Curran, USA)

"And Bale slides the ball inside Cech,"
John Motson's commentary on Spurs v Chelsea. Sounds painful to me!
(Rich C, Weston-super-Mare)

"Derek Jeter's Derek Jeter for a reason."
ESPN commentator at New York Yankees v Tampa Bay Devil Rays, after a great play by Jeter. Maybe it's because his parents gave him that name!
(Derek Steed)

"The Arsenal defence just parted like the Sea of Galilee".
Mark Lawrenson from a couple of weeks ago, commentating on Irish TV during the Barcelona game. Think it was the Red Sea Moses parted, Mark!
(Darren Bayliss, Ireland)

"They munched on a lamb. I'd have liked us to be lions, but unfortunately we had a bit of mint sauce on ourselves."
Ian Holloway on Blackpool's defeat to Newcastle.
(Anthony Ko, UK)

"How on earth has that happened?"
ITV commentator Peter Drury on Portsmouth's FA cup win over Spurs.
(Gary Sangha, UK)

"Chandelier football."
Ray Hudson, GolTV co-commentator after El Clasico.
(ppppenguin)
Del Boy and Rodney from Only Fools and Horses Two men who know all about chandeliers
"Mickelson makes his short one, he stays two ahead. Little tip of the hat and that sheepish grin, as if he's a handsome delivery boy who's just caught the eye of a country governess."
From the incomparable Ben Dirs' text commentary of the final round of the Masters. Absolutely masterful.
(Fun_n_Games)

ARSHAVIN CORNER
At the risk of annoying Rob, who commented on last week's blog: "Fav blog of the week this, but we don't need the Arshavin stuff repeated every week thanks."

Q: "When you go to bed, do you spread your limbs to form a star?"
Arshavin: "No, I don't. Because I sleep with my wife."
(BennyHillario)

Q. "Hi Andrey! I just wanted to ask, if your daughter decided that her dream was to play professional football, would you encourage/support her in this?"

Arshavin: "I hope it will never happen."
(mightywarrywarry)

Q: "Dear Andrey Arshavin, I want to say that you are the one who revived Russian football! Who of the legendary footballers can you compare yourself with?"
Arshavin: "Andrey Arshavin is one of a kind."
(Belltista)

Q: "I am 25-years-old and I'm still not married. My parents are very upset about this. They say I can end up a spinster. But I don't want to get married yet. What shall I do?"
Arshavin: "I think I can help you. Step 1: You need to find a scruffy, heavy drinker. Step 2: Once you've found him, try to persuade him to "marry" you. I think that for a small amount of money, he will agree to fulfil the role of your fiancé. :)

"Final: Bring this guy home. Tell your parents he'll live with you. :)
I think next time they will think better before forcing their opinion on you."
(simon lobb)

CHANTS OF THE WEEK

"Que sera sera,
Wherever we'll be, we'll be
We're going to Wem-berlee.
Que sera sera."

"We're not going on a European Tour."
Portsmouth fans again - Pompey have qualified for Europe by reaching the FA Cup final, but are not allowed to play.
(theonlypompeyfaninleeds)

"Adebayor, Adebayor - he scores more than Berbatov, who cost a lot more."

Quickly followed by....

"Adebayor, Adebayor, but when we sign Torres he's out of the door."
Manchester City fans.
(swales_out)

"We'll love Glazer if he signs Messi!"
Green and gold-clad Manchester United fans away at Blackburn.
(Leo Hutchings, England)

"Lee Barnard, Barnard,
He's short but he's (jolly) hard,
He's better than Frank Lampard,
Lee, Barnard, Barnard."
Southampton fans salute their hero.

"Jose Fonte, baby
Jose Fonte, wo-oh-oh-oh!"
Southampton fans again, to the tune of Don't You Want Me by the Human League.
(badsaladman)

"It's just like watching The Bill!"

And...

"Where's your Sun Hill gone?"
Worthing fans in their 2-1 win against Metropolitan Police.
(Brad, Southampton)
Former stars of The Bill  It's just like watching The Bill
"Next goal wins, next goal wins, next goal wins!"
Burnley fans to bemused Man City supporters as they trailed 6-0.

"6 nil and you messed it up!"
Straight after Burnley got a consolation.

"This pitch is dangerous!"
Clarets fans try to get the game called off following a monsoon at half-time.
(Matt)

"Offside, offside!"
When a pigeon walked behind the defenders at St Mary's.
(Saint_Anger)

"So, So, So... Sotorious!"
Liverpool fans to defender Kyrgiakos' - to the tune of P Diddy's song 'Notorious'.
(Torresflu)

"Zola, Zola, give us a wave!"
West Ham fans...ignored by their manager Gianfranco Zola.

"Brucie, Brucie give us a wave!"
Shake of the head from Steve Bruce.

"Someone, someone give us a wave!"
West Ham fans get desperate and half the West Stand wave back!
(chrishammer)

"You're not scary any more!"
Yeovil fans to Millwall.
(theyeovilkid)

"You're just a (poor)Aaron Lennon!"
Spurs fans to Theo Walcott.
(Theo, London)

BANNER OF THE WEEK

"The badge on the front is bigger than the name on the back."
Held up by Celtic fan at Celtic v Motherwell.
(iainmonty)

HEADLINE OF THE WEEK

"Rossi wins as Stoner crashes out."
From the BBC website. For as long as Casey Stoner is in the sport, the Moto GP page is always going to be worth the occasional giggle.
(AtillaThe Cat)

Please add any quotes, chants, stadium announcements etc to the bottom of this blog - or by using the old-school email postform.

You can also follow me on Twitter

Comments

• 1. At 12:08pm on 20 Apr 2010, Spitfire wrote:

Star? Is that you?

• 2. At 12:26pm on 20 Apr 2010, SuperGoon wrote:

"You're just a (poor)Aaron Lennon!"
    Spurs fans to Theo Walcott.
    (Theo, London)

Is Theo sending in chants about himself now? Awesome.

• 3. At 12:46pm on 20 Apr 2010, JacksfromBuxton wrote:

Excellent as ever Chris.Can I just offer belated congratulations on your walk to the Palace game.How's the feet?Will you keep us informed on occasion as to how things are progressing?

• 4. At 12:48pm on 20 Apr 2010, U14430302 wrote:

How does Holloway do it ...?

• 5. At 1:23pm on 20 Apr 2010, Red_Rooster wrote:

Wolves fans to Fulham fans:

"Does your Butler know you're here?" etc etc.

• 6. At 1:34pm on 20 Apr 2010, ralphy33 wrote:

nice work lad - keep doing the arshavin stuff its quality :)

• 7. At 1:37pm on 20 Apr 2010, mightywarrywarry wrote:

Thansk for the arshavin bit, awesome!

• 8. At 1:45pm on 20 Apr 2010, jollyeric wrote:

WWF stands for world wide fund (for nature) not World Wildlife Federation. They used to be called the World wildlife fund, federation has never been right. Why they forced the wrestlers to change only to change their name to what should be WWFN I have no idea.

• 9. At 2:00pm on 20 Apr 2010, Chris Charles wrote:

2. Supergoon: Ha ha ! How did I miss that?

3. JacksfromBuxton: Thanks mate. Ankle was a bit sore (poor show I know) but otherwise unscathed. Marathon next year...ahem.

8. ericstevens: Oops, sorry Eric - will change accordingly.

• 10. At 2:11pm on 20 Apr 2010, James Rigby wrote:

At Southend v Brighton (and anytime we play other seaside opposition)

"We've got a bigger pier than you"

• 11. At 2:15pm on 20 Apr 2010, Jimmy McNulty- The voice of reason wrote:

The Arshavin blog makes my week, i hope you post it every week (or give a link to the great blog)

• 12. At 2:16pm on 20 Apr 2010, WearYourShirt wrote:

Love the Holloway one - the man's a legend.

So who here is taking part in Wear Your Shirt day on Friday (www.wearyourshirt.co.uk)? Chris will you be wearing your QPR shirt?

• 13. At 2:28pm on 20 Apr 2010, Shanklyroad wrote:

More Arshavin!!

• 14. At 2:32pm on 20 Apr 2010, steveys wrote:

Arshavin is quality!!

20. From Oksanka
    Hello, Andrey! Do you like your name? It’s just that some people do not like their names)))) And, by the way, who gave you this name?
    Arshavin: My parents gave me the name as is often the case. Yes, I do like my name.

Quality

• 15. At 2:42pm on 20 Apr 2010, Mucky Duck wrote:

Were you good at school? Did you pull girls' pigtails?
    Arshavin: I think that I was good. Although I could have been better. Yes, I pulled girls’ pigtails with certain consequences for me. Sometimes I received textbook blows on the head.

Arshavin's website is hilarious

• 16. At 2:43pm on 20 Apr 2010, LABSAB9 wrote:

Hello Andrey! If you have serious stomach cramps during the game, what do you do? I hope they don’t give you an enema before the match? Sorry for being rude.
    Arshavin: No. There is a famous saying: It's better to do something before, than after! :) Sorry for being blunt.

7. From prinzess
    Are you good at painting?))
    Arshavin:I have certain skills. But I do not think that my artworks can compete with pictures of Salvador Dali for example :)

8. From Limpotenok
    Andrey, tell me, what shampoo do you use? What about Julia?
    Arshavin: Julia uses some expensive shampoo. As for me I use those that are given in the hotels ;)

• 17. At 2:45pm on 20 Apr 2010, Mucky Duck wrote:

12. From wisdom
    Hello, Andrey. Back in November 2004, you and your Mom came to the YUVEL flower shop on Kirochnaya Street to buy a bouquet and I, struck by a sudden attack of joy and mathematical cretinism cheated you out of 1 500 rubles, I’m still embarrassed for this. Finally a found a way to apologize! I’m sorry! Oh, a load off my mind! Well, using this occasion I’d like to thank you for your game and your great sense of humor. Good Luck)
    Sofia.
    Arshavin : It would be better if you just returned the money. Do you still work in the same flower shop? :)

• 18. At 2:48pm on 20 Apr 2010, JacksfromBuxton wrote:

_________________________
    I believe they are called Snickers now...
    Can I ask a favour?Would you send the mods over to the noisy blog?I meant to copy and paste the Arshavin quotes,but ended up copying the whole blog.So if they could just whip it off(!).Thanks mate...

• 19. At 2:49pm on 20 Apr 2010, LABSAB9 wrote:

Hi Andrey !!!!!!!!!!! I want to say that I'm not a big fan of yours, but I like the way you play. I live in Ekaterinburg, and recently I got photographed with the UEFA Cup that Zenit won, it was such an unforgettable experience. The thing is my girlfriend is crazy for you and she always cuts her wrists because of you, tell me what to do or say to her. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arshavin: Cuts her wrists? It’s a suicide attempt; I guess she needs therapy, urgently!

• 20. At 2:49pm on 20 Apr 2010, broly wrote:

Don't listen to Rob, you can't have enough Arshavin!

• 21. At 2:54pm on 20 Apr 2010, wengerwonder wrote:

More from Arshavin, classic.

Q- Sorry for such a tactless question but what color is your favorite underwear?
    PS: Just answer me please even if this question has been asked before ‘cause I really need to know!

Arshavin: I don’t have any particular men’s underwear color preferences. But one thing I can tell you for sure, you won’t find G-strings in my wardrobe :)))

Q- Can A.A. jump out of my birthday cake?

Arshavin: It’s unlikely; I'm a football player, not a minstrel or a clown.

Q- I’ve already written you three letters but they haven’t been delivered...Well ... My name is Olga, I’m 13 years old. I go out for football and I’m your biggest fan..... Well, my dad does not allow me to play football but I want to…- Andrey, tell me what to do?

Arshavin: Listen to your Dad.

Classic!

• 22. At 3:06pm on 20 Apr 2010, bill40 wrote:

Billy Davis (Notts Forest) had 5.2 million to rebuild his squad in the summer. Ian Holloway (Blackpool) had a fraction of that. On the bright side he did negociate a new kettle for the training ground which boils really quickly.

Steve Cannavan in Blackpool Evening Gazette.

• 23. At 3:17pm on 20 Apr 2010, collie21 wrote:

Just syndicate the Arshavin blog would you. It's getting boring! At least we could pass on by knowing quotes of the week was actually quotes of the winger.

• 24. At 3:41pm on 20 Apr 2010, HuntyCfc wrote:

Loved the 'Someone someone Give us a wave' One. Arshavin ones are pretty awesome aswell. Keep it up.

• 25. At 4:03pm on 20 Apr 2010, nfielder wrote:

Arsenal fans to David Ginola at half time

''(poor) Robert Pires,
    you're just a (poor) Robert Pires''

• 26. At 4:39pm on 20 Apr 2010, MakingEmileOfIt84 wrote:

Enough with the arshavin "funny" quotes please, if you want funny then bring back the kevin nolan column

• 27. At 4:46pm on 20 Apr 2010, Feed The Goat wrote:

Correction: Adebayor, Adebayor, he costs less than Berbatov, and he scores a lot more

• 28. At 4:50pm on 20 Apr 2010, resistance1984 wrote:

The most hilarious selection of quotes in a couple of weeks. Well done, Chris.Redknapp and Holloway are on top again.

• 29. At 4:53pm on 20 Apr 2010, Torresflu wrote:

" GO COMPARE!!! GO COMPARE!!!" Frustrated West Ham fans taunt pleasantly chubby Rafa Benitez with 'look-alike' Go Compare advert Opera Singer

• 30. At 4:59pm on 20 Apr 2010, jollyeric wrote:

Cheers Chris, though it is still slightly wrong, it says World Wild instead of World Wide. Kind of feel bad about pointing out the second mistake after you so kindly and quickly corrected the first.

Good selection of quotations. I wish I could remember his wording but Arsene said that he didn't think Wigan had anything to lose in their game before pointing out that their win really helps them avoid relegation, pointing out how much they did have to lose.

• 31. At 5:10pm on 20 Apr 2010, PlatinumPlatypus wrote:

Is it just me who doesn't 'get' the Celtic banner?

• 32. At 5:29pm on 20 Apr 2010, Thruthickthruthin wrote:

Funny banner before the Machester derby by the City fans:

'Love Glazer, Hate United'

• 33. At 5:29pm on 20 Apr 2010, Chris wrote:

• 34. At 5:32pm on 20 Apr 2010, Thruthickthruthin wrote:

AND some funny commentary before the Manchester derby by Graham Taylor:

'Manchester City have scored 14 goals in their last 3 games, obviously we don't expect them to do that today'

Err...

• 35. At 5:59pm on 20 Apr 2010, United Dreamer wrote:

Chris work on your pasting skills...

• 36. At 6:18pm on 20 Apr 2010, RedWhiteandermblue wrote:

Loved the Ben Dirs quote; like poetry, but more closely observed. I can't imagine a US commentator ever being half as good. The decision, for example, to simul-text a cricket match and a screening of "The Sound of Music"...

• 37. At 7:21pm on 20 Apr 2010, Brummerdickens wrote:

I have instructions to please those who do not want the Arshavin stuff in their quotes page.

1. Locate "Andrey Arshavin Section"
    2. Scroll down your web browser until the Arshavin quotes section is no longer visible.
    3. Read on.

It should only take 3 seconds and will save you time and effort in complaining, leaving the Arshavin quotes section for those who do enjoy it. Cheers.

• 38. At 7:25pm on 20 Apr 2010, RedDevilGoonerToffee wrote:

Why do some of the Quotes and Chants sound awfully similar? I think I've read most of them someplace else (for the life of me can't remember where!)

• 39. At 7:31pm on 20 Apr 2010, RedDestroyer wrote:

I know it's a bit late but did anyone notice the C5 commentator during the Liverpool Benfica second leg tell us that "Hazard is the danger man for Benfica" obviously aptly named!

• 40. At 7:38pm on 20 Apr 2010, jojomarchliverpool wrote:

"Barca are as good as they were in November but we are much better now."

Jose Morinho making as much sese as usual there
    (JoJo Fry)

• 41. At 8:18pm on 20 Apr 2010, mightymuave2 wrote:

Reading this blog is liking having deja vu. Am I the only one who doesn't want to read the same quotes every week?! All of the 'chants of the week' have just been copied and pasted from last week! Sort it out!

• 42. At 8:22pm on 20 Apr 2010, RobNox wrote:

31. At 5:10pm on 20 Apr 2010, CompactDistance wrote:
    Is it just me who doesn't 'get' the Celtic banner?

It means the club is bigger than any player.

• 43. At 8:58pm on 20 Apr 2010, I_wasnt_there_when_they_made_brown_hair wrote:

Chris, your's was by far my favourite blog (along with Vickery I must say) BUT it has become a tad tedious for 2 reasons:-

1. The repetitive nature of the quotes - have a quick check before publishing please mate

2. The Arshavin section - it was mildly amusing for a week or 2 but it's so evident that he now has a team of other meerkats writing with him now, drop it I beg you.

Other than that, good stuff!

• 44. At 10:09pm on 20 Apr 2010, skybluesat wrote:

As always Dowie and Holloway are talking Baaaaa-lox

• 45. At 11:20pm on 20 Apr 2010, Spitfire wrote:

33 Chris,

thanks mate. I meant to read the blog again but couldnt be bothered to scroll back to top.

Cheers.

• 46. At 00:11am on 21 Apr 2010, a fat bloke down the pub said so wrote:

""Que sera sera,
    Wherever we'll be, we'll be
    We're going to Wem-berlee.
    Que sera sera."
    Portsmouth fans after seeing their team beat Spurs in the FA Cup semi-final....at Wembley."

Surely this is about their imminent relegation, but they don't care because they're in the FA Cup final. It's usually
    "Que sera sera,
    Whatever wil be will be...". So yes a "top chant", but whoever sent it in didn't get it.

• 47. At 03:17am on 21 Apr 2010, Rob Smiley wrote:

To #33 Chris...

... it's actually YOU that should check his facts, not that that's ever got in the way of a Man U fan before.

The tune's actually by Duran Duran, and was sampled by Biggy Smalls 12/13 years later.

• 48. At 06:01am on 21 Apr 2010, iainmonty wrote:

31 CompactDistance

The banner is aimed at underperforming, overpaid footballers who think they are bigger than the club they play for.

A particular issue for Celtic supporters this year (and many others) but it could be transferred to most football grounds with ease.

• 49. At 08:04am on 21 Apr 2010, LABSAB9 wrote:

That Celtic banner wouldn't work if Vennogor of Hesselink (spelling??) was still playing for them!!

• 50. At 09:59am on 21 Apr 2010, Abdalla wrote:

I know that number of crowd think that we "Chelsea" have alrady lost the tittle hope, but i would like to comment that..
    "We still focus on that and the tittle is on our hands"
    Liverpool, Stock and Wigan are the only ways that could keep us on a such best finish!
    (chelsea boy 4ever)

• 51. At 10:09am on 21 Apr 2010, Abdalla wrote:

NO ONE LIKE SUPER LAMPARD!!

• 52. At 10:40am on 21 Apr 2010, Chris Charles wrote:

12. WearYourShirt: I would be, had I not left it on the tube a few weeks back! Renewed plea to anyone who may have acquired a 70s-style long-sleeved blue-and-white hooped shirt somewhere between Finsbury Park and Cockfosters....it's mine and I miss it. Sniff.

21. wengerwonder: So many Arshavin quotes, so little time - but I particularly like the minstrel one!

30. ericstevens: Oh Eric, what am I like? Don't answer that. I'll get on it immediately.

38. RedDevilGoonerToffee & 41. mightymauve2 & 43. KerryDixonsBouffant: Point taken chaps. Thing is, when they asked me to switch Quotes of the Week to the blog, it meant that some people are adding their favourite chants and quotes at the bottom, while other are going for the old-school email postform. I pick out the best ones and use them the following week. That means anyone who reads all the comments gets to see some of them again. But then if I didn't include them, many more would be deprived of seeing some corkers. Hmmm.

• 53. At 10:58am on 21 Apr 2010, Rovers Return - HKR AWAY DAYS wrote:

"You're getting pecked by the Robins!"

Suny by Hull KR fans as we scored against Huddersfield on Sunday - we were already 22 points behind at this stage!

• 54. At 11:50am on 21 Apr 2010, akazola wrote:

Like the swerve Chris #52. Nice one. Honestly, fair play to you for acknowledging that the Arshavin ting is getting a bit repetitive.
    #37 Maybe it's easier for you to just go direct to AA (Andrei Arsh, not ...whatever) website and get yesterdays laughs in two weeks time and recall them again and ...agai..you get the picture

• 55. At 11:58am on 21 Apr 2010, Andrew wrote:

PLEASE OH PLEASE stop with the same Arshavin quotes every week - they weren't even funny the first time let alone the 5th week running.

Enough already.

• 56. At 12:20pm on 21 Apr 2010, Qwertyest wrote:

10. At 2:11pm on 20 Apr 2010, James Rigby wrote:
    At Southend v Brighton (and anytime we play other seaside opposition)

"We've got a bigger pier than you"
    ------------------------------------

Surely it's not the size of the pier, but how you use it? :-)

• 57. At 12:39pm on 21 Apr 2010, Andrew wrote:

Surely it's not the size of the pier, but how you use it? :-)

------------------------------------------------------

Or the size of the ocean it enters...?

• 58. At 12:59pm on 21 Apr 2010, collie21 wrote:

31. At 5:10pm on 20 Apr 2010, CompactDistance wrote:
    Is it just me who doesn't 'get' the Celtic banner?

---------------------------------------------------
    Yep!

• 59. At 1:05pm on 21 Apr 2010, United Dreamer wrote:

"56. At 12:20pm on 21 Apr 2010, Qwertyest wrote:
    10. At 2:11pm on 20 Apr 2010, James Rigby wrote:
    At Southend v Brighton (and anytime we play other seaside opposition)

"We've got a bigger pier than you"
    ------------------------------------

Surely it's not the size of the pier, but how you use it? :-)

"

That puts another slant on the burning Brighton pier.

• 60. At 1:19pm on 21 Apr 2010, Rovers Return - HKR AWAY DAYS wrote:

I dread to think what toxic that was spitting out haha!

• 61. At 1:40pm on 21 Apr 2010, Foppotee wrote:

I assume the OF&H picture is a reference to Chandeliers? It's a bit tenusous when the screenshot is from "Ashes to Ashes" and not a "Touch of Glass", just sloppy.

• 62. At 1:40pm on 21 Apr 2010, Foppotee wrote:

or even tenuous

• 63. At 1:53pm on 21 Apr 2010, TheScarlettWarrior wrote:

Re: wear your shirt Friday...I wore my spurs shirt under my work shirt last Thursday due to the Arsenal result the night before...(what do you mean I slept in it and kept it on for days...I don't know what you're talking about...) I'm up for doing it again, hopefully preempting another famous victory over the top three at Mould Trafford!
    Always great to read this blod after the seriousness and bitching that goes on from those posting on Phil McNulty and Robbo's blog.
    p.s...gooner though he is, Arshavin is priceless!

• 64. At 2:18pm on 21 Apr 2010, Kíllìnghölmê_Clᥠ(aka Charlie Cheesecake) wrote:

BBC 606 gossip column: Yesterday
    1320 BST: Cesc Fabregas' father, Fabregas Sr, has denied meeting Real Madrid director general Jorge Valdano at the weekend
    _________________________________________________________________

So Cesc Fabregas' Dad is Fabregas SR ??
    Insights into the blindingly obvious, I'd say!!

• 65. At 2:23pm on 21 Apr 2010, Qwertyest wrote:

I'd guess they put "Fabregas SR" because maybe his father's name is also Cesc?

• 66. At 3:08pm on 21 Apr 2010, TBY wrote:

Stadium announcement at Wembley for Saracens vs Harlequins on Saturday:

"If you don't want to know the scores, look away now.

Bath 35..."

• 67. At 9:53pm on 21 Apr 2010, simon lobb wrote:

ha, I got attributed! Good work me

• 68. At 10:16pm on 21 Apr 2010, jojomarchliverpool wrote:

"but referee Mike Dean might as well blow up now because there's absolutely no life left in the game at all."
    an interisting sugestion from stevo on how to live the hull aston villa game

jojo fry

• 69. At 11:14am on 22 Apr 2010, afcftw - 5 not 6 wrote:

The Arshavin quotes are absolutely legendary, DO NOT STOP THEM.

Whats with people complaining asking for them to be removed? No one cares if you guys dont want to read them, everyone else does! Scrolling down the page is easy enough kids ;)

• 70. At 09:30am on 23 Apr 2010, Spitfire wrote:

What followed was a conversation that I never expect to be repeated in my life. One of the press officers approached and said: "Excuse me, Eusebio, Stoichkov and Koeman can speak to you now."

"I'm really sorry," I replied, "but I've got Sir Bobby Charlton and Johan Cruyff waiting just up there."
    _____________________________________________

BBC's dan Walker in Barcelona, living the dream of a football fan.

• 71. At 11:17pm on 23 Apr 2010, mortonRAFC wrote:

"Que sera sera,
    Whatever will be, will be
    You're going to Salisbury.
    Que sera sera."

Rochdale fans to Darlington fans the night Darlo were relegated

• 72. At 00:02am on 25 Apr 2010, That Singing Guy wrote:

Carl Froch, directly after the fight:

"You've gotta be careful when you're boxing away from home. You've gotta throw caution to the wind"

• 73. At 01:31am on 26 Apr 2010, Henry Cowen wrote:

Premier League team of the year: Joe Hart (Man City, Birmingham on loan), Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Patrice Evra (Man Utd), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), James Milner (Aston Villa), James Fletcher (Man Utd), Antonio Valencia (Man Utd), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Didier Drogba (Chelsea.

JAMES Fletcher?? He's slipped under the radar!

• 74. At 11:37am on 26 Apr 2010, CJE wrote:

Here's one to use ready for when Laws gets the sack from Burnley:

But a defiant Laws said: "Yes I will be here next season. I'm looking forward to next season."