R&DTV episode 3 (TEDxManchester special)
Our Assets for the video are online too, and this time we're expecting a lot more downloads because they are the full edited talks from the TEDxManchester event.
- Matthew Postgate: What is Broadcasting?
- Phil Griffin: The Architecture of Manchester
- Sarah Hartley: Journalism going forward
- Dr Mariann Hardey: Etiquette & social media 2.0
- Marc Goodchild: Learned knowledge from working with Children
- Ben Light: How we perceive ourselves
- Hugh Garry: The mobile film and mystery box concept
- Paul Coulton: Mobile games as social information appliances or meme generators
You can also subscribe to the whole lot via RSS or Itunes if you would like to keep a copy of all the videos for yourself. Remember all these videos are under a creative commons licence (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0) , so your welcome to share them with the world and create your own remixes of the videos. The short version we edited together is under a slightly different licence which does not allow you to remix due to some musicial copyright from Chicane - Strong in Love (Disco Citizens Mix) and Kevin Shields - Ikebana.
All the videos were captured using our tapeless system called Ingex. We captured the output of the 3 different cameras in High Def 1080p straight to a RAIDed Hard drive system then copied the as you can imagine very large streams to a couple of portable hard drives. Always backing up of course. The portable hard drives make it easy for the footage to be edited on any machine which supports the right codec. Its a very quick and painless process and does away with having to digitise or ingest tape or disc formats.
Talking of Remixing, we are happy to announce that we will be working with Kaltura to provide a simplier way to remix your own R&D TV in the near future.... Look out for the long version of R&DTV alongside the Kaltura soon.