MEMORY TAPES: 14TH OCTOBER 2011
After a few weeks of sad endings to the stories behind Memory Tapes, how will this week's end up? I'm not gonna tell you, because it's a great story and I don't want to spoil it. Telling the story is Becki Viner...
"About seven years ago I decided I had had enough of London and I moved back to the lovely countryside of Devon. One weekend I went back up to London to see System of a Down play Brixton Academy and visit one of my friends, Kate.
"While visiting Kate I met Dave, one of her housemates and best friend, we hit it off instantly and had a whirlwind weekend. He took me to see the Hitchhikers Guide exhibition at the science museum and then we hit an art gallery off the Southbank and went for pizza, hung out in Old Street and hid me in his house the day after I was supposed to have left so our friend didn't find out...
"We went on calling each other and almost every weekend I would make the trip by coach up to see him. But one day I realised one of was going to have to move, but it wasn't going to be him, so I broke it off.
"But it's OK, we have a happy ending!
"The next morning a mix tape arrived in the post he had already sent, I listened to it, and after a day of tears and phonecalls we decided to make it work, it must have been in the stars because the next day I had a call from an old agency in London with a job offer so I moved back to the big smoke!
"Six years later, although he's never taken me back to a museum because, apparently, he has me now so no longer needs to try, we are still going strong and had our daughter Kara Mei 9 months ago!
"I hope you like this mix as much as I do, It still puts a smile on my face when I listen to it."
Pretty awesome story, no? Here's the tracks that saved a relationship...
1. Yoda Plays Computer Games - Dj Yoda
2. Sign Your Name - Dj Yoda
3. You're A Star - Josie and the Pussycats
4. Extraordinary Girl - Green Day
5. Falling Away With You - Muse
6. **** Her Gently - Tenacious D
7. Fell In Love With a Girl - White Stripes
8. International You Day - No Use For a Name
9. Everybody Knows You're Insane - Queens of the Stoneage
10. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
11. I Only Want to be with You - Me First & the Gimme Gimme Gimmes
12. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
13. Oxygen - Willie Mason
14. Lover, You Should've Come Over - Jeff Buckley
15. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Dan Band
16. I Miss You - Blink 182
17. Where Is My Mind - Pixies
18. Meltdown - Lisa Gerrard
Send Lauren your stories (happy or sad) and a tracklisting and you could feature on Memory Tapes.