A touch of the orient and autumn grasses
On tonight's show Toby is busy bringing colour to the woodland garden at Greenacre, while Alys is looking at bringing colour and spice indoors this winter, by planting up amaryllis bulbs and chop suey greens. You can find details of the techniques and the inspirational gardens visited, featured in this week's episode guide.
Meanwhile fresh from Carol's latest plant review at Glebe Cottage here's a list of some of the top autumn grasses:
- Anemanthele lessoniana
- Hakonechloa macra 'Japanese forest grass'
- Miscanthus sinensis 'Chinese silver grass'
- Miscanthus sinensis 'Flamingo'
- Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus'
- Molinia caerulea subsp. arundinacea 'Transparent'
- Molinia caerulea subsp. caerulea 'Edith Dudszus'
- Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Redhead'
Tonight we'll be revealing the fourth finalist for BBC Gardener of the Year. Next week, after the final finalist is revealed you'll all be able to start voting for your favourite gardener.
That's all for now, enjoy your gardening weekend.