Changes to BBC Message Boards: Updates and fixes
This will be deployed to our internal staging server for final testing ahead of a release scheduled for next Wednesday.
Here is a list of items that will be addressed:
- "Reply to" post to work across all pages.
- Posting frequency message to be correctly displayed instead of 'blocked'
- Posting frequency countdown to work correctly
- Remove confusing text when 'post is being moderated'
- Change to the correct set of emoticons for messageboards
- Empty pages on a Forum when number of threads was a multiple of the number shown.
- Large negative numbers to be eliminated from 'new posts' count on my discussions page.
- CSS fix for tiny column widths on Safari browsers
- Remove excessive amounts of pagination buttons on Forum page
- Fix an issue where an error prevented the posting button working
- "Stars" return for online users
- Main column width to be increased slightly
- "Reply" and "Report this" links location move to reduce accidental clicking
- Back to top button to be added
- Emoticons in brackets causing bad formatting of posts
- Each messageboard will be able to supply custom set of emoticons
- Editors and notable posts now highlighted.
- Last contribution on my discussion page to be a link
- An issue where the incorrect title of a messageboard is being shown
- Fix a typo in help text
- Fix an issue where centre column overflowed into the right hand panel when links where at the start of a post
- Fix an issue where threads were sometimes incorrectly being shown as closed
- Display name wrapped to two lines and shortened for long names
I'll keep you informed on further developments in future posts.
David WIlliams is Product Manager, BBC FM&T Social