Star presenters for BBC Children In Need 2018 have been announced
A round up of BBC announcements, press releases and blogs, plus some highlights from our TV, radio and online output from the last week.
Children In Need star presenters for 2018
Rob Beckett is set to join Graham Norton, Tess Daly, Mel Giedroyc, Ade Adepitan, Rochelle and Marvin Humes live on 16 November.
Highest new Doctor Who series launch ratings
The first episode of BBC One’s Doctor Who, with the new and Thirteenth Doctor played by Jodie Whittaker, attracted 10.9 million viewers.
Future of free TV licences for over-75s
A discussion paper was published looking at inter-generational fairness and the media landscape since free TV licences for over-75s were introduced in 2000, ahead of a full report and consultation.
Announcements and blogs
BBC One and Netflix are teaming up to co-produce Dracula from Sherlock producers Hartswood Films, and a live episode of Inside No. 9 will air for Halloween. Further images from a forthcoming production of Les Miserables have also been released.
BBC Radio 1 named its three Teen Heroes of 2018, the young winners all proving dedication to helping others through selfless, brave and exceptional achievements. BBC Radio Wales is extending its FM coverage to an additional 400,000 people.
New plans were unveiled to make the BBC a more inclusive workplace for staff from all socio-economic backgrounds.
More than 100 hours of television made outside of London will air during the next 12 months. A documentary series entitled Why Slavery? was announced with The Open University to coincide with International Anti-Slavery Day on 18 October, highlighting the plight of the estimated 40.3 million people living in slavery today.
This weeks' blogs were: The next major update for BBC Sounds; Changes to our HD portfolio and satellite transponders; Grassroots football on the BBC: why we're streaming FA Cup qualifying rounds; Transforming lives through media around the world; and the weekly BBC iPlayer highlights.
Blue Peter celebrated its 60th birthday with quite a party
- Blue Peter, Tuesday 16 October, CBBC and BBC iPlayer
- Black Hollywood: 'They've Gotta Have Us', Saturday 13 October, BBC TWO and BBC iPlayer
- Barneys, Books And Bust Ups: 50 Years Of The Booker Prize, Monday 15 October, BBC FOUR and BBC iPlayer
- Armchair Britain, Tuesday 16 October, BBC ONE and BBC iPlayer
- 6 Music Celebrates The White Album With Martin Freeman, Sunday 14 October, BBC RADIO 6 MUSIC and BBC SOUNDS
- Heart And Soul: Christian Mother, Muslim Daughter, Sunday 14 October, BBC WORLD SERVICE and BBC SOUNDS
- Words And Music - Windrush: Some Kind Of Homecoming, Sunday 14 October, BBC RADIO THREE and BBC SOUNDS
- In The Studio: Johan Holstrom’s Lo-Fi Masterpiece, Tuesday 16 October, BBC WORLD SERVICE and BBC SOUNDS