BBC veteran McVean and Burton and Taylor awarded at RTS
Digital Content Producer, About The BBC Blog
The Royal Television Society (RTS) Craft and Design Awards were held at a ceremony in London on 18 November hosted by Brian Conley. BBC programmes had a strong showing taking home awards in 12 categories of the 25 in total.
The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Visual effects designer Andy McVean who was recognised for 35 years working in television on shows like Top Gear and The Voice.
In addition, BBC Four biopic drama Burton and Taylor, starring Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West (pictured in character), took two RTS awards for costume design and makeup design (drama).
The full list of BBC winners is as follows:
- Susannah Buxton, Burton and Taylor (Costume Design- Drama: BBC Drama Production London/BBC America for BBC Four)
- Lucy Cain, Burton and Taylor (Make Up Design – Drama: BBC Drama Production London/BBC America for BBC Four)
- The Girl (Effects – Digital: BBC Two)
- Wimbledon Men's final (Multicamera Work Sport: BBC Sport)
- Up the Women (Costume Design - Entertainment and non drama: BBC Four)
- D-Day The Last Heroes (Sound Drama: BBC One)
- Restless (Production Design: Drama: BBC One)
- Simon Kimmel, Sports Personality of the Year 2012 (Production Design - Entertainment & Non Drama: Unspun for BBC One)
- America's Poor Kids (Photography - Documentary/Factual and non drama: BBC Two)
- Luther (Tape and Film Editing - Drama: BBC One)
- Horrible Histories (Tape and Film Editing - Entertainment and Situation Comedy: CBBC)
- Editing Team, Sports Personality Of The Year 2012 (Tape and Film Editing – Sport: BBC Sport for BBC One)
For a full list of winners visit the RTS website.
Hannah Khalil is Digital Content Producer, About the BBC Website and Blog.
• See also our blog Wark, Wilson & BBC honoured at Scottish BAFTAs