Title: Find a Face - Model Competition
This competition has now closed!
This is your chance to be a catwalk model! BBC Blast has given 10 young people the chance to design a fashion collection to show on the catwalk during London Fashion Week and they want some of you to model in their show!
The collection is called ''1.Wo/Man (1woman 1 man)'' and they're looking for 10 girls and 5 boys with the confidence to represent the label and wear the clothes in a real catwalk show.
You don't have to be a tall size zero type to enter; they're looking for interesting looking people with character who reflect the diversity of real teenagers in the UK. It's not just for girls so spread the word to any boys you think might fit the bill.
It's easy to enter, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with 2 clear pictures of yourself, one of just your face and one full length. Add your name, age and contact details and keep your fingers crossed! Your pictures will only be seen by our judges and won't appear on the Blast site so don't be shy.
Check out the progress of the 1.Wo/Man team:
Blast Find a Face Competition Entry Rules
- Entry is open to all UK residents aged between 14 and 19 at the time entry closes. BBC employees, the Blast fashion team, any persons connected to the competition and their close relatives are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants under 16 require parental/guardian consent. The BBC reserves the right to require proof of the relevant consents.
- Entries should be received before 17:00 on August 24th 2009 by either: (i) sending an email titled ''find a face'' to email@example.com, or (ii) in writing to: 'Blast Find a Face Competition' BBC Blast Online, MC3 D4, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS.Original idea'
- Entrants are limited to 1 entry only and all entries must contain the following information; (i) entrant’s name, (ii) address, (iii) contact details, (iv) 2 photographs of themselves (one headshot and one full length shot), (v) parental consent and contact details where applicable.
- Photographs submitted by post will not be returned to the entrants.
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date. The BBC does not accept liability for lost or late entries due to postal or internet services.
- The judging panel, consisting of 3 members of the Blast fashion team, will select 15 entries (10 girls and 5 boys) to take part in a catwalk show.
- Entrants will be judged on the following criteria: individual and interesting appearance, versatility of appearance and appearances which reflect the diversity of British teenagers.
- The BBC’s selection of entrants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All selected entrants will be contacted by phone or email by no later than 31 August 2009. Where production has not been able to contact the selected entrant successfully, after reasonable attempts, the entrant will forfeit their place and it will be offered to another entrant.
- The selected entrants must agree to allow BBC production, the presenter and judging panel to film and interview them and must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
- Selected entrants must be available between 09.00am and 21.00pm on 21/09/09 to appear in a catwalk show during London Fashion Week which takes place at a central London location.
- The selected entrants are allowed to be accompanied by one guest (where entrant is under 16 this must be a legal guardian).
- The BBC will provide accommodation where necessary and reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- The entrants selected will be require to assign to the BBC the complete copyright and all other rights for all purposes (incl. use in all media now known or which may hereafter become known) in their contribution for the full period of copyright and any extensions, revivals or renewals thereof.
- The entrants selected will grant the BBC the unlimited right to edit, copy, add to, take from, adapt or translate their contributions. The entrants also waive irrevocably any ''moral rights'' they may have under the laws of any jurisdiction.
- Contributions, as per the above sections, cover all contributions made by the entrants in connection with the production of the program including but not limited to the entrant’s interview (incl. rehearsals) and spoken, written and artistic materials (incl. audio and video recordings thereof) provided by the entrant.
- The BBC reserves the right to (i) cancel or adapt the competition, (ii) vary or change the prizes, (iii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or who commits an fraud, at any stage, if in their opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- The competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found on the BBC's Standards and Guidelines website.
- The promoter of the competition is BBC and is subject to the law of England and Wales.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering the competition.