In this video, a visual trick is used to demonstrate how the refraction of light affects how objects appear. Or may seem to disappear...
- Light travels at different speeds in different substances.
- Refraction is the change in speed when light travels from one substance to another.
- If light hits a boundary between substances at an angle, its direction also changes.
- When light travels from air into glass, it moves towards the normal.
- When light travels out of glass into air, it moves away from the normal.