Submitting your community film

1.You agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the BBC a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use and publish your film exercising all copyright and publicity rights in accordance with privacy restrictions set out in the BBC's Privacy Policy. If you do not want to grant to the BBC the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the BBC.

The BBC reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.

2. No contributions will be returned and shall become the property of the BBC. It is therefore advisable for each contributor to retain a copy where appropriate.

3. Contributors must submit only their own original work and agree that this will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.

4. Contributors must be the sole author(s) of the entry.

By submitting your contribution to the BBC, you:

5.1 warrant that your contribution;

- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the BBC for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify the BBC against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the BBC as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on BBC.

6. Acceptance of these rules is a condition of submitting a contribution and receipt of your contribution by the BBC amounts to acceptance of the rules.

7. The BBC shall not be obliged to make use of any contribution and shall not be liable for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.

8. Contributions are made at the contributor's own expense and the BBC shall not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in making an entry (except where more specifically provided).

9. Contributions must not contain defamatory, obscene, unlawful or objectional material.

10. All contributors must (except where otherwise provided) be resident in the United Kingdom.

close window