- Gareth Wandless - vocals
- Oli Hill - rhythm guitar
- Sam Hubbard - lead guitar
- Txetxu De La Portilla - bass
- Chris Taylor - drums
The band members, most of whom hail from Reading, were introduced in 2002 at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford. They soon discovered that they all shared a taste for the good life (and good music), and decided to pool their ideas and experience.
The first step was to stick two fingers up at the nu-metallers and pop idol wannabes that habitually frequent said establishments and get creative with their own take on feel-good, guitar based indie rock. Three talented songwriters, an abundance of ideas and a diverse range of influences, all combine to produce their distinctive sound.
Currently unsigned, but with a catalogue of over thirty songs and having completed a tour of the Canary Islands and Madrid since March 04, the band have been busy…
• developing an interactive website at www.godsofgoodliving.com
• recording a four track EP at the Cutting Rooms
• gigging regularly and being selected to perform at the In The City A&R festival
• selling cds in HMV Manchester
• appearing on community radio station ALL FM and student radio Fuse FM
• making a live DVD and a fly on the wall documentary
• and, naturally, working on exciting new material
The GOGL have recently supported Detroit rockers the Dirty Americans, LA grunge outfit Roxy Saint, as well as up and coming Glasgow group We Rock Like Girls Don’t and have been playing renowned Manchester venues such as Academy3, Roadhouse, Night and Day, Life Café, Dry Bar and the Witchwood.
So far, there has been interest from both established independent label Fierce Panda, and major heavyweight Atlantic Records.
The gods of good living are really starting to live up to their name!