From 17th May to 17th October 2010 during the Fight at Midnight Show, every day from Monday to Thursday, listeners will be presented with two tracks and be invited to vote for their favourite. Each day, after the vote window is announced closed (expected to be around 23:30), all votes will be collated and the winner will be announced. The winning track will then be played at midnight (on the day of the vote).
Terms and Conditions:
1. Listeners can only take part by texting the keyword announced on-air for their selected track to the following number: 81869. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate.
2. The vote is only open between 22.00 to approximately 23.30 each day from Monday to Thursday. These times may vary so please listen to announcements during the show.
3. Any votes registered outside the announced voting times will not count but will still be charged. Only one vote is allowed per mobile number. Please do not vote more than once as your vote will not count and your text will still be charged.
4. This is not a competition and there will be no prize.
5.The BBC reserves the right to disqualify entries or suspend voting if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting. The BBC has the right to substitute an alternative selection method at its absolute discretion.
6. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails or in a tie scenario, a contingency plan will be actioned. This may consist of the overall decision lying with a panel of judges consisting or declaring both tracks winners.
7. The BBC reserves the right to change, cancel or suspend this event at any time.
8. The BBC cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any mobile operator or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
9. Please note that any BBC staff member or anyone who is directly connected in any way with the production of the programme is not eligible to vote.
10. The voting in this programme accords with the BBC's code of conduct for voting: BBC Code of Conduct Voting.