Wrexham County Borough Museum and Archives is situated in one of Wrexham’s landmark buildings. Built as a barracks for the Royal Denbighshire Militia in 1857, home to the Denbighshire Constabulary and the local courts for over a century, the building now houses a modern museum and archive service for the County Borough.
The museum collects artefacts that help to tell the story of Wrexham County Borough and its people. This includes, but is not restricted to, items made, used, found or purchased in the Wrexham area and does include a small number of works of art. The paintings in the collection have been donated by members of the public or purchased, often with the assistance of grant aid bodies. Notable highlights of the art collection include two portraits by Thomas Frye thought to be of Simon and Sarah Lloyd of Plas Power Estate and a portrait of John Wilkinson by Lemuel Francis Abbott.
This location is open to the public
Regent Street, Wrexham, Wrexham (Wrecsam), Wales, LL11 1RB
If you are planning a visit to see a particular painting, check with the location first. Paintings can be moved at short notice