Built as a private house in 1852 for John Woodall, to designs by Henry Wyatt. Greatly extended in 1901–1902 to form the Town Hall to designs of Harry W. Smith, the Borough Engineer. Many interior fittings in the Council Chamber and Committee Rooms are of a design contemporary with the extension.
It is Grade II listed, with many works of art and other artefacts displayed.
Not all locations are open to the public. Please contact the gallery or collection for more information.