Founded in 1892 by Donald McLaren, McLaren High School is a state comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school in Callander. After moving to its current site in the mid-twentieth century, McLaren High School has grown. The school has been expanded in various building projects, both to add new facilities and to refurbish the old parts of the building. The refurbished school was officially opened in 2009.
The collection of paintings owned by the school was formerly displayed in the old building, and includes portraits of notable figures associated with the school, as well as a landscape by Archibald Kay.