Brent Museum is part of the Heritage Services for the London Borough of Brent. The Museum’s collections reflect working and domestic life in Brent from about 1850 to the present day, broadly comprising of artefacts, video and oral history recordings, extending to some 10,000 items. The founding collection of Brent Museum was bequeathed to the borough of Wembley (now part of Brent) in 1937 by the dairy industry pioneer and antiquarian collector George Titus Barham. First opened to the public in May 1977 as The Grange Museum of Community History, the museum was renamed Brent Museum and moved to its current home in Willesden Green Library Centre in 2006. Most works in the collection directly relate to the history of the borough, and over the past 30–40 years the collection has developed largely through donations and bequests. Recently, a clear and structured collecting policy has been implemented at Brent Museum, which places greater emphasis on collecting material that represents the diversity of the borough’s population in the twenty-first century.
This location is open to the public
Willesden Green Library Centre
95 High Road
Willesden, London, Greater London, England, NW10 2SF
If you are planning a visit to see a particular painting, check with the location first. Paintings can be moved at short notice