This Art Nouveau stained glass window forms part of the porch at Buxton Museum and Art Gallery and is the work of George Wragge. The building was constructed in 1880 and was originally the Peak Hydropathic Hotel. It served the many tourists that came to Buxton to take the waters. When the Hotel was built, Buxton was well established as a fashionable spa town. In 1790 the 5th Duke of Devonshire had built the Crescent which provided hotels, lodging houses and an elegant assembly room. He also improved the mineral baths and walks and firmly put Buxton on the tourist map.