Abergavenny Museum is committed to collecting objects of local significance and preserving them for future generations.
The museum possesses photographs of Abergavenny and the surrounding district. These include two important municipal collections of views of the medieval and Elizabethan areas of the town which were demolished under slum clearance schemes between 1957 and 1972. These represent the only record of many of the buildings demolished.
Inside this wooden case is Whiskey the Turnspit dog. This is the only example of an extinct breed. Dogs like Whiskey were used to turn the spits in the kitchens of big houses. Whiskey came from a house in Skenfrith.