City of Glasgow Police 'B' Division Commerative Plaque. 'B' Division better known as 'The Marine' was the oldest of the seven Glasgow Police Divisons with Stations at Cranstonhill, Partick, Whiteinch, Garscadden and Drumchapel. Became part of Strathclyde Police in 1974. The City of Glasgow Police was the police of the City of Glasgow, Scotland. In the 17th century, Scottish cities used to hire watchmen to guard the streets at night, augmenting a force of unpaid citizen constables. On June 30, 1800, the authorities of Glasgow, successfully petitioned the British Government to pass the Glasgow Police Act establishing the City of Glasgow Police. It served Glasgow from 1800 to 1975, when it was amalgamated into Strathclyde Police. It is sometimes described as the first modern-style municipal police force, although due to the original Glasgow force's small size and varied duties (as well as policing they also fought fires, called the hours and swept the streets, thus in many ways more closely resembling the older city watchmen) this title is more commonly claimed by the London Metropolitan Police. .Property of Robert Pool.