This Roman distance slab of the Second Legion was found at Carleith Farm, about a mile west of Duntocher Roman Fort, Strathclyde Region, Scotland, and was picked by Kevin Grant, postgraduate student at the University of Glasgow (Archaeology). Kevin writes - Stone inscriptions like this one have been found in several places along the Antonine wall. They were erected by the Legions who constructed the wall to commemorate and celebrate the completion of a section of it. A translation of the inscription is a simple example of this - "For the Emperor Antoninus Augustus Pius, father of his country, the Second Augustan Legion completed 3271 feet [of the wall]". This one was found at or near Duntocher fort just to the West of Glasgow. The stone is decorated with two images of a winged horse - the symbol of the second legion. It is important to note that this stone was found some time before 1699, which is very early for a Roman find of this type. This shows that the Romans were considered important or at least interesting even before the antiquarians of the 19th century began to take a more concentrated interest in Roman artefacts.