The East Lothian Star was built as a general purpose agricultural engine. She was the last one made by Wallis and Steevens in Basingstoke. She was sold at the Belfast show in 1936. In her later years she was left in a playground for children to climb on. She was then sent to a scrap yard as she was thought too dangerous to be used as a toy. A man noticed she had gone from the playground and followed the wheel marks to the scrap yard. He bought her and set about transforming her back to her original beauty. The East Lothian Star was then sent to Scotland. Jim bought her in 1972.