'Ladymead House' was painted around 1730. It was discovered in the attic of Ladymead House in 1977 by an architect surveying buildings in Walcot Street. The building in the painting appeared to match the layout of the earliest parts of the house, built in the 1680s. The formal walled garden in front may be even earlier. Images of Bath from this time are rare. This picture shows how rural the area looked before the great period of Georgian rebuilding.