This is one of a number of wall panels cut from the original canteen at Castlerankine Prisoner of War camp at Denny, Stirlingshire. The image of Stuggart was drawn by a German prisoner, Otto Laub from memory, using whatever material he could obtain, most notably boot polish. The wall panels were collected by another prisoner after the war and taken back to Germany before being offered to the Smith Museum in the 1990's. Otto drew the images on the Canteen wall at a time when they thought they were about to go home. For many this would never happen as their homes were now in Russian occupied Germany and they would never see their families again. Castlerankine contined to function until the end of the 1940's with many of the POW's leaving for new lives in Canada. The camp was initially occupied by Italian POW's who built the camp in 1942 but they were sent home in 1945.