Common keyboard shortcuts in KDE
This page lists the most frequently used keyboard shortcuts in the Linux desktop environment KDE. These are useful for people who have difficulty using a mouse or want to reduce the amount they use the mouse.
- Alt + F1 - Open the 'KDE' menu.
- Alt + F2 - Execute command.
- Print Screen - Take a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Alt + Print Screen - Take a screenshot of the current window.
- Alt + Tab - Switch forward among windows.
- Alt + Shift + Tab - Switch backward among windows.
- Ctrl + C - Copy selected text/graphics to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V - Paste text/graphics from the clipboard.
- Ctrl + Alt + D - Minimise all windows.
- F1 - Start the online help browser, and display the relevant online help.
Note: A more comprehensive list of shortcuts can be found on the KDE website: KDE User Interface Guidelines: Keys - Shortcuts.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.