Roles and responsibilities
- Emmet is responsible for all systems development activity for broadcast, production and enterprise systems.
- He leads the development of systems to support the business for News production, programme commissioning and channel management systems, corporate websites and the BBC corporate intranet.
Salary and total remuneration
Total remuneration: £175,000
These details were last updated in August 2013 when Emmet Townsend's salary and remuneration were last adjusted.
Expenses and central bookings
Expenses are costs incurred by BBC staff on behalf of the BBC and claimed through the BBC's expenses system (e-expenses). Central bookings are costs incurred on behalf of the BBC and booked through the BBC's central bookings system. Both expenses and central bookings are published every three months.
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise.
- Emmet Townsend had no e-expenses paid in Q1 2013-14
- Emmet Townsend's central bookings Q1 2013-14 PDF (10KB)
Gifts and Hospitality Register
Gifts and hospitality may only be accepted in line with BBC policy. Information about gifts and hospitality is published every three months.
- Emmet Townsend had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q1 2013-14
Declaration of personal interests
Staff must make a declaration of their personal and business interests, including any memberships or directorships of public or industry bodies, and any shareholdings, as well as any interests that their immediate families may also have.
A summary is published where there is something to declare and where there is nothing to declare. Occasionally an individual will have something to declare but due to the personal nature of the declaration we do not publish details as to do so would breach the Data Protection Act.
This information is published annually, although if any amendments are made during the year an updated summary will be published if necessary as soon as it is available.