Senior Staff: Archive
- Richard leads the HR team and is responsible for the overall HR direction and leadership to meet the medium to long-term strategic objectives for the BBC's News Group division.
- He is responsible for delivering all HR services to the division, including training and development, recruitment, reward, diversity, employment policy and organisation design.
- He works in partnership with HR Shared Services to ensure on-going delivery of daily HR operational support.
- Richard is a member of the News Group Board.
Salary and total remuneration: November 2012
Total remuneration: £118,900
Expenses and central bookings
Expenses are costs incurred by BBC staff on behalf of the BBC and claimed through the BBC's expenses system (e-expenses). Central bookings are costs incurred on behalf of the BBC and booked through the BBC's central bookings system. Both expenses and central bookings are published every three months.
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise.
- Richard Thurston had no e-expenses paid in Q3 2012-13
- Richard Thurston had no central bookings in Q3 2012-13
- Richard Thurston's e-expenses Q2 2012-13 PDF (19KB)
- Richard Thurston's central bookings Q2 2012-13 PDF (17KB)
- Richard Thurston's e-expenses Q1 2012-13 PDF (18KB)
- Richard Thurston's central bookings Q1 2012-13 PDF (21KB)
- Richard Thurston had no e-expenses paid in Q4 2011-12
- Richard Thurston had no central bookings for Q4 2011-12
Gifts and Hospitality Register
Gifts and hospitality may only be accepted in line with BBC policy. Information about gifts and hospitality is published every three months.
- Richard Thurston had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q3 2012-13
- Richard Thurston had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q2 2012-13
- Richard Thurston had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q1 2012-13
- Richard Thurston had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q4 2011-12
Declaration of personal interests
Staff must make a declaration of their personal and business interests, including any memberships or directorships of public or industry bodies, and any shareholdings, as well as any interests that their immediate families may also have.
A summary is published where there is something to declare and where there is nothing to declare. Occasionally an individual will have something to declare but due to the personal nature of the declaration we do not publish details as to do so would breach the Data Protection Act.
This information is published annually, although if any amendments are made during the year an updated summary will be published if necessary as soon as it is available.