Roles and responsibilities
- Damian is responsible for all daytime TV commissioning across BBC One and BBC Two, including The One Show and 6-7pm on BBC Two.
- As a senior creative leader he ensures that daytime and early peak TV continues to provide a wide range of distinctive and high quality programmes for the licence fee payer and that the daytime TV schedules reinforce the branding and character of the BBC's individual channels
Salary and total remuneration
Total remuneration: £194,000
These details were last updated in August 2013 when Damian Kavanagh's salary and remuneration were last adjusted.
Last updated August 2013
Damian joined the BBC in 1994 and has held various roles including Head of Planning and Scheduling at BBC Daytime and BBC Three, Schedule Manager BBC One, acting controller of BBC Three, Executive Producer for BBC Daytime and CBBC and Controller of the CBBC Channel where he was responsible for formulating the content and brand strategy and for commissioning all content for TV and online.
His period in charge of CBBC saw record ratings and an unprecedented number of both national and international creative awards including a BAFTA for Channel of the year in 2012.
After running CBBC he joined Channel 4 as Head of Features and Factual Formats before returning to the BBC in his current role as Controller of Daytime and Early Peak where he is responsible for all daytime commissioning across BBC One and BBC Two alongside The One Show and the 6-7pm slot on BBC Two.
Expenses and central bookings
Expenses are costs incurred by BBC staff on behalf of the BBC and claimed through the BBC's expenses system (e-expenses). Central bookings are costs incurred on behalf of the BBC and booked through the BBC's central bookings system. Both expenses and central bookings are published every three months.
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise.
- Damian Kavanagh had no e-expenses paid in Q1 2013-14
- Damian Kavanagh's central bookings Q1 2013-14 PDF (20KB)
- Damian Kavanagh had no e-expenses paid in Q4 2012-13
- Damian Kavanagh had no central bookings in Q4 2012-13
Gifts and Hospitality Register
Gifts and hospitality may only be accepted in line with BBC policy. Information about gifts and hospitality is published every three months.
- Damian Kavanagh had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q1 2013-14
- Damian Kavanagh had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q4 2012-13
Declaration of personal interests
Staff must make a declaration of their personal and business interests, including any memberships or directorships of public or industry bodies, and any shareholdings, as well as any interests that their immediate families may also have.
A summary is published where there is something to declare and where there is nothing to declare. Occasionally an individual will have something to declare but due to the personal nature of the declaration we do not publish details as to do so would breach the Data Protection Act.
This information is published annually, although if any amendments are made during the year an updated summary will be published if necessary as soon as it is available.