Roles and responsibilities
Tamara's role is to lead and be responsible for all Television operational activities that enable the delivery of outstanding audience content within an efficient and effective business environment. This includes:
- Creating and delivering the best fresh and newly created content strategy, in partnership with the Genre Production Controller and Genre Commissioner, meeting demanding audience expectations
- Translating genre strategy into a financial business plan and allocating the genre's total programme spend.
- Management of the overall genre budget spend.
- Ensuring the overall business health and success of the genre is delivered while meeting financial, location and supplier quotas and targets.
- Establishing a stretching commercial strategy for the genre, ensuring the strategy is integrated and delivered across in-house and indie productions, working closely with commercial partners including Worldwide.
Salary and total remuneration
Total remuneration: £187,800
These details were last updated in February 2013 when Tamara Howe's salary and remuneration were last adjusted.
Expenses and central bookings
Expenses are costs incurred by BBC staff on behalf of the BBC and claimed through the BBC's expenses system (e-expenses). Central bookings are costs incurred on behalf of the BBC and booked through the BBC's central bookings system. Both expenses and central bookings are published every three months.
To open a PDF file you need Adobe Reader software, which you can download free via BBC WebWise.
- Tamara Howe's e-expenses Q1 2013-14 PDF (12KB)
- Tamara Howe's central bookings Q1 2013-14 PDF (14KB)
- Tamara Howe's e-expenses Q4 2012-13 PDF (10KB)
- Tamara Howe's central bookings Q4 2012-13 PDF (18KB)
- Tamara Howe had no e-expenses paid in Q3 2012-13
- Tamara Howe's central bookings Q3 2012-13 PDF (24KB)
- Tamara Howe had no e-expenses paid in Q2 2012-13
- Tamara Howe had no central bookings in Q2 2012-13
Gifts and Hospitality Register
Gifts and hospitality may only be accepted in line with BBC policy. Information about gifts and hospitality is published every three months.
- Tamara Howe had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q1 2013-14
- Tamara Howe had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q4 2012-13
- Tamara Howe had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q3 2012-13
- Tamara Howe had no gifts or hospitality to declare in Q2 2012-13
Declaration of personal interests
Staff must make a declaration of their personal and business interests, including any memberships or directorships of public or industry bodies, and any shareholdings, as well as any interests that their immediate families may also have.
A summary is published where there is something to declare and where there is nothing to declare. Occasionally an individual will have something to declare but due to the personal nature of the declaration we do not publish details as to do so would breach the Data Protection Act.
This information is published annually, although if any amendments are made during the year an updated summary will be published if necessary as soon as it is available.