"Denied application because of my colour on the CV,
I look at my reflection, tell them that I'm proud to be me." - Tor
- Tor studied dance at college but immersed herself in music at the same time.
- She landed a weekly slot MCing on Mission FM alongside 1Xtra's Twin B then signed a five-album deal with Go Beat! But left after financial difficulties at the label.
- In 2002, she featured on "Get Up & Move", the debut solo single from Harvey (So
- She also featured on a remix of Terri Walker¹s "Drawing Board" and a video for Kevin Mark Trail's "Last Night" alongside Black Twang & Rodney P.
- Took part in the 2005 "Feel The Noise" UK arena tour.
- Cut new material with some leading UK producers of including Fusion, First Man, Lethal & Destruction, Soundbwoy and Wonder,
- Future collaborations will include Sway, beatboxer Faith SFX, Lethal, LowKey, Secret Weapon, Mpho Skeef, Stealth (DVS) and Skibadee.
- Tor has also been working in the US on a new collective project with Rashad Smith (producer behind classics for Notorious B.I.G., LL Cool J, Busta Nas and Lauren Hill among others).
- She features on the Gerald Levert single "Do I speak for the world" alongside Twista and Bone Thugs n Harmony.
- She hosted a two-hour show for 1Xtra's hip hop weekend about women in hip hop.
"Outta east London, this young lady is one of UK black music's definite future stars. Recognize!" - Ras Kwame, 100% Homegrown on 1Xtra
:: Back to artist profiles